In this page, you will find articles covering "information on childrearing, childcare, and education in Japan" published within the CRN website, brought together on this webpage for easier access.
- Research Data from JapanThis section provides the results of childrearing surveys, primarily conducted by Benesse Educational Research and Development Institute (BERD) , CRN's main supporter and one of the most trusted educational R&D institutes in Japan.
- Projects about the Latest Children's Issues in JapanHere we introduce a wide variety of projects related to issues involving children in Japan.
- Reports about Child-Rearing and Education in JapanThis section contains reports written by researchers from various fields about childrearing and education in Japan.
- Useful LinksUseful sites run by local governments and educational institutes in Japan, providing information related to childrearing, education, and health.
Projects about the Latest Children's Issues in Japan
[Declining Birth Rate and Child-rearing in Japan]
- Helping Mothers and Children at the Beginning of Childrearing: Continuous Support for Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Childrearing (3) (2016.July.01) 2016:07:01:10:06:03
- Helping Mothers and Children at the Beginning of Childrearing: Continuous Support for Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Childrearing (2) (2016.July.01) 2016:07:01:10:05:08
- Helping Mothers and Children at the Beginning of Childrearing: Continuous Support for Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Childrearing (1) (2016.June.24) 2016:06:24:15:40:47
[Q&A about Children's Health]
- New Facts about Egg Allergy (2016.November.04) 2016:11:04:10:17:01
- The Mechanism of Food Allergies (2016.October.14) 2016:10:14:13:47:32
- Children's Fever at Night: When do I see a doctor? (2016.September.16) 2016:09:16:10:09:03
[Child Science and Great East Japan Earthquake]
- Radioactive Iodine and the Effect of Consuming Seaweed (2012.April.01) 2012:04:01:18:27:55
- Radiation and Children Section 5: How can We Recognize the Effect on Human Health Caused by the Quake-stricken Fukushima Nuclear Plants? (2012.April.01) 2012:04:01:11:51:07
- Report from the Disaster Area Part 8: Six Months after the Disaster - Authentic Voices on-site - (2011.October.01) 2011:10:01:23:39:02
[Youth Projects: Essays written by junior/senior high school students in Japan]
- [YRP Students' Essays] Silent Language from Inaudible Voices (2017.February.17) 2017:02:17:17:06:09
- [YRP Students' Essays] The Result of Demanding a Better Life (2017.January.27) 2017:01:27:17:03:09
- [YRP Students' Essays] Solitary People (2016.November.11) 2016:11:11:17:01:22
Reports about Child-Rearing and Education in Japan
[Early Childhood Education and Care]
- [Creating Childcare Environments] Technique 02: Building a broad personal network through the creation of childcare environments (2017.February.24) 2017:02:24:10:22:27
- [Finland, Japan] Key elements of Finnish ECEC in Japanese ECEC --Sameness and difference in ECEC beyond culture (2017.February.10) 2017:02:10:13:45:44
- Revisiting the Gender Gap: Japanese Mothers' Views of Their Children's Education, Work, and Future (2016.September.30) 2016:09:30:14:05:23
- Offering Ways to Blend Study and Child-Rearing: the Purpose and Development of 'Todai Nurseries' in Assisting Female Researchers (2012.August.31) 2012:08:31:07:17:26
[Pregnancy & Prenatal Care]
- Increasing Use of the Japanese-Born "Maternal Child Health Handbook" around the World! (2016.October.28) 2016:10:28:10:51:12
- Enabling Doula Support in Japanese Society (2011.June.24) 2011:06:24:12:05:04
[School & Teachers]
- Active Learning in a Tight Frame: ICT and Active Learning in Japanese Elementary Education (2017.March.10) 2017:03:10:10:18:45
- Anatomy of Child Bullying in Japan 9: What Does the Number of Bullying Reports Imply? An Analytical Study Based on Data from across Japan (2016.February.26) 2016:02:26:15:27:21
[After-School & Community Activities]
- Learning to Question - Children's University Kawagoe - 3. Start of classes asking "why?" (2009.January.01) 2009:01:01:17:41:43
- Learning to Question - Children's University Kawagoe - 2. Opening (2009.January.01) 2009:01:01:17:41:43
[Children in the Digital Age]
- Field Survey on the Use of Smartphones by Junior and Senior High School Students - Part 3 (2015.April.03) 2015:04:03:10:25:01
- Field Survey on the Use of Smartphones by Junior and Senior High School Students - Part 2 (2015.March.27) 2015:03:27:11:11:06